Are you living in or near the New York City area and looking to start or advance your career? The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center will be hosting their annual LGBT Career Fair on Friday, September 30th, 2016.
Don’t miss this opportunity to meet with dozens of major employers that value LGBT diversity in the workplace. Explore possibilities for your future while experiencing panels, workshops and networking opportunities. Below we've highlighted some important information that you need to know to get the most out of this event.
- Amalgamated Bank
- AON Empower Results
- BNY Mellon
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Brooks Brothers
- The Container Store
- Deutsche Bank
- FBI Jobs
- Fire Department City of New York
- Foresters Financial
- Housing Works
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Legg Mason
- MEC Global
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Montefiore Health System
- NYC Citywide Administrative Services
- NYU Langone Medical Center
- Lenox Health Greenwich Village
- Planned Parenthood
- Prolific Interactive
- Publicis Groupe
- Real Hospitality Group
- S & P Global
- Sage Services & Advocacy for LGBT Elders
- Societe Generale
- Success Academy Charter Schools
- Tiffany & Co.
- United States Postal Service
- Vox Media
- Wells Fargo
Apicha CHC is Hiring!
Although Apicha CHC will not be attending the 2016 LGBT Career Fair, we are currently hiring for various positions at our NYC Medical Clinic. As we grow, we are seeking to fill multiple healthcare jobs with hard working, professionally-minded, and socially conscious individuals who already live by our core values.
Apicha Community Health Center is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, marital status, citizenship status, affection or sexual orientation.
As you can see, there are a lot of amazing companies that will be attending this event, all looking for talented LGBT individuals to join their team. Next, we've provided some basic tips on how to prepare for a career fair to help showcase yourself in the best way possible.
How to Prepare
- Update and polish your resume (bring many copies) to submit to employers.
- Come prepared: Before the event, observe the participating employers that we listed above to highlight/select particular companies that you are interested in or that match your experience.
- Dress appropriately: Dressing for career fairs can be tricky. Just be sure your attire presents yourself in a professional way.
- Practice makes perfect: Simply winging your elevator pitch won't cut it. Practice what you want to say to potential employers with a friend or significant other. This will make the real situation much less intense.
- Don't ramble: Short, sweet and to the point will get the job done.
- Be confident: Above all else, be confident! But don't be cocky. There is a fine line between the two. You got this!
When: Friday, September 30, 2016 from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Where: Citi Executive Conference Center
153 E 53 St, 14th Floor
Download the schedule for a little extra preparation. Register for the career fair by clicking the button below!