Enrollment for health insurance is now open. This means that you can enroll for health insurance, among a couple other things. We know that health insurance can be a tricky process for some folks, so here are twelve facts to help answer some questions. If you'd like more information regarding enrolling for health insurance, click here.
12 Helpful Facts About Health Insurance Enrollment
- New York state’s open enrollment is from November 1, 2018 to January 31, 2019, longer than other open enrollments in the U.S.
- Open enrollment for brand new applications on the NY State of Health Marketplace begins on November 1, 2018. Renewals begin on November 16, 2018.
- Last day to apply for January 1, 2019 coverage is December 15, 2018.
- Open enrollment ends on January 31, 2019.
- You can receive in-person enrollment assistance from health insurance navigators who speak Spanish, Chinese, Bangla, and English.
- Last day to apply for February 1, 2019 coverage is January 15, 2019.
- Last day to apply for March 1, 2019 coverage is January 31, 2019.
- To receive Advanced Premium Tax Credits, you must have filed your 2017 taxes if you made income.
- Medicaid and Essential plan enrollment happens all year round.
- You could receive financial assistance, if you qualify. Last year about 149,000 people received help paying their premiums.
- 4.3 million New Yorkers enrolled in health insurance through New York State of Health Marketplace.
- 253,102 New Yorkers enrolled into a Qualified Health Plan on New York State of Health Marketplace as of January 1, 2018.
How Apicha CHC can help
If you need assistance enrolling for health insurance, Apicha CHC has staff dedicated to helping you. You can schedule an appointment with one of our health insurance Navigators, who will help you enroll and pick a plan that is right for you.